Friday, March 18, 2005

Culture Vulture

Well, it's Friday again and, though I'm probably going to spend most of the weekend in work, I am getting into a terribly cultural mood. So, I must take a couple of hours off to check out Rita Duffy's exhibition at the Ulster Museum. I have a feeling I won't like it, but I'll give it my best shot. Anyway, aesthetic pleasure is surely not the only useful response one should have, is it?



I'm also looking forward to being in Dublin for Easter when I'll make my periodical pilgrimage to the Gallery of Photography. And when I return, I'm looking forward to the British Professional Photography Awards exhibition in the Waterfront from the end of March.

The photograph, by the way, is of the Arbetets Museum in Norrköping, Sweden. It suggests, accurately I suspect, that my love of galleries has as much to do with the architecture and aesthetic of the space framing the exhibits as it has to do with the exhibits themselves.

No comments: