Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Feck Fecking Off BT

I'm a big fan of BT Privacy, the service by which you can stop people in call centres ringing you to sell you stuff. Imagine my surprise, though, when I got cold called by (ta-da!) BT. Apparently this is fine because, according to the poor guy at the end of the phone, BT Privacy doesn't apply to, well, BT.

Now, continue imagining my surprise and add some bemusement. BT have started spamming me. But not in the normal way. No. The first email from them merrily informed me that "At BT we never send out unsolicited emails, so you'll never get any spam from us. To make sure you receive the latest information, special offers and the latest news add our details to your address book." Usually careful me is off to search for the point when I ticked/didn't tick in a way that solicited these emails. If I don't find it I'll just sit in a dark room for a while.

No comments: